The Amsterdam Music Theatre is a leading theatre situated in the cultural heart of Amsterdam. It is home to De Nederlandse Opera and the Dutch National Ballet. The Amsterdam Music Theatre also has its own programme of productions.
In the Costumes, Wigs & Make-up department of The Amsterdam Music Theatre, there is a vacancy for a full-time
Assistant Cutter/dressmaker (ladies’ workshop) (m/f)
who is responsible, in consultation with the head of the ladies’ workshop, for the technical execution of costume designs.
The main responsibilities include:
- assisting the head of the ladies’ workshop in developing new costume productions;
- taking measurements and fitting costumes;
- preparing fabrics, and cutting and assembling costumes for costume fittings;
- making prototypes;
- experimenting with a variety of materials and fabrics;
- attending costume rehearsals;
- occasionally drawing patterns;
- occasionally standing in for the head of the ladies’ workshop.
For this position, we are looking for an assistant cutter/dressmaker who meets the following requirements:
- completed professional training and a minimum of five years’ experience in a theatre workshop;
- knowledge of costume history and of the particular qualities of opera costumes;
- good command of spoken Dutch, English and German;
- flexible, team spirit, stress resistant.
The appointment is for a fixed period of 1 year.
On commencing employment, The Amsterdam Music Theatre offers a minimum salary of € 1,934 and a maximum salary of € 2,765 gross per month, in accordance with a job classified as scale F in The Amsterdam Music Theatre collective labour agreement. This amount is exclusive of 8% holiday allowance and a year-end bonus.
Further information can be obtained from the director of the Costume, Wigs & Make-up department, Robby Duiveman via email@example.com.
Trialweek will be part of the selection procedure. Written applications accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae can be sent to the Personnel & Organisation department, Waterlooplein 22, 1011 PG, Amsterdam, attn. Cleo Smits. It is also possible to apply by e-mail, via: firstname.lastname@example.org.